Jacobite High Teas
Allow me to set the scene if you will. You are sitting in the comfort of your beautifully upholstered seat, in a carefully restored Mark I or Mark II first class carriage. Ahead, your vintage steam engine takes you on the greatest railway journey in the world between Fort William and Mallaig in Scotland; surely it doesn't get better? Then along comes your delicious Jacobite High Tea.
Whether you have booked your place on this most historic journey or are still to do so, why not add the final touch?
Please note: The Jacobite High Teas are only available to pre-order for passengers travelling in the main first class open carriages (this does not include the compartment or standard class carriages). Pre-ordered High Teas are generally served on the return journey on the morning service from Mallaig and around the Glenfinnan viaduct on the Outward journey from Fort William on the afternoon service.
High Tea Details
- A Selection of freshly prepared hand-cut sandwiches made with locally sourced Scottish Mature Cheddar Cheese, Free-range Egg Mayonnaise, Scottish Produced Ham and Coronation Chicken - all served on brown, white or a mixture sliced bread, along with an assortment of individual condiments.
- A delightful plain scone, served with strawberry preserve, butter and clotted cream, and a selection of mouth-watering homemade cakes.
- Sandwiches in the Vegetarian version would be replaced with: Scottish Mature Cheddar Cheese and Free-Range Egg Mayonnaise.
- For the Vegan version the sandwiches would be a vegan equivalent of our none vegetarian high tea.
- Please note that we cannot offer a gluten free or vegan option unless 7 days notice is given - please e-mail us with your booking reference prior to your travel date to request to request these options.
- Please note Jacobite High Tea may contain or have traces of nuts and nut oils or may have been made alongside other products containing nuts.
- If you have any dietary or allergen requests then please contact a member of our team at email@example.com
- Contents may be subject to change at short notice as some ingredients are seasonal.
How to add these to your trip?
Special extras can be added during the online booking process. You can also call 03339 966 720 to add gifts on to an existing booking. Please be aware that we do require at least 7 working days notice to provide Jacobite High Teas.