Recruitment at West Coast Railways
Current opportunities with West Coast Railways
1). Engineering Machinist
Ground Lathe Operative Location - Carnforth
West Coast Railway are currently recruiting and require an experienced Machinist/technician to join part of a team in a busy maintenance depot to work as part of a team on our newly installed ground lathe, duty's included servicing our wheelset maintenance needs, as per specifications laid down by the TOC. Adhere to local Depot protection, quality procedures and rules and regulations in force. Roles and responsibilities:
• To Undertake machine operating requirements, using drawings & diagrams.
• Carry out machine component changes as required.
• Using the correct equipment undertake fault finding tasks.
• Complete environmental examinations against detailed specifications, detailing any issues found.
* Undertake post repair testing.
• Using appropriate paperwork record all work carried out and sign off for all work completed.
• Compile formal reports detailing post incident / failure.
• Obtain, care for and return all tools and equipment used.
• Advise Fleet Control / Supervisor of any problems or defects identified and any work arising from the issues.
• Work effectively as part of a team, taking the lead when required.
• Undertake minor modifications and /or fleet improvement schemes as required.
added 30th August 2018
- Apply online: click here
- Applications in writing to:
- The Managing Director
- West Coast Railway Company
- Jesson Way
- LA5 9UR